2. I recently met with a personal trainer to find out that I've been working out wrong for years. My focus was always on cardio, when my focus should have been on lifting weights. Building muscle may in the long run make you add a few pounds, but you also burn more calories.
3. Take time for yourself. Try to get in at least 30 to 60 minutes a day of something you want to do. I know as a Mom I'm often spinning in a million different directions. Take time to center yourself.
4. Take the time each day to be thankful. I have a gratitude journal. I try to write 10 things a day that I am grateful for.
5. Kick start your metabolism with Dr Oz. This plan lasts two days and will help you get on track after you have overindulged. http://momamongchaos.blogspot.com/2014/01/dr-oz-2-day-holiday-detox.html
6. Learn about what food that you must buy organic. Here is the list: http://momamongchaos.blogspot.com/2013/05/jillian-michaels-maximize-your-life.html
7. I love my coffee drinks, but make them an every once in awhile treat. Or, make sure you have them made skinny. Some of those yummy blended coffee drinks can have all of your daily calories in one drink. Make water a habit. It can boost your metabolism when you drink it ice cold.
8. Take time out of your busy schedule to take care of you. Get your yearly physical, mammogram, pap, dental exam, and don't forget an annual full body check at your dermatologist.
9. I am a girl that is at high risk for skin cancer. So please, please, slather on the sunscreen. It's so easy to make this a routine. I apply mine in the morning after I wash my face.
10. Love yourself! We are our hardest critics. When we learn to love ourselves we treat the people around us better. It's karma!