|This blog contains affiliate links.|
Mac and cheese, one of my must have's when I need a little comforting. Heck, I could live on mac and cheese, whom am I kidding. I have devoured many mac and cheese dishes and asked Metro Detroit locals where I can find the best mac and cheese! So, here is the best mac and cheese in the area!
- Sweet Lorraine's Fabulous Mac N' Cheez is my personal favorite. This tiny little fast food place does not taste like fast food at all. It tastes like the cheesiest, slice of heaven. I prefer the four cheese mac and cheese. I haven't ventured to try the other flavors because I've fallen so in love. You can find Sweet Lorraine's Fabulous Mac N' Cheez at Somerset Collection, Great Lakes Crossing, across from the MSU campus, and in Detroit.
- Union Woodshop offers a local favorite called Union Mac & Cheese. Made with Vermont sharp cheddar cheese, Pinconning Cheese, Penne rigate, bechamel, parmesan and a crunchy crust. Union Woodshop, located at 18 South Main, Clarkston, Michigan.
- Vinsetta Garage is one of the coolest places you will visit. This old garage turned restaurant will keep your eyes busy with the ultra-cool decor. The mom and dad duo also owns Union Woodshop where you will find the same famous Union Mac & Cheese. Vinsetta Garage located at 27799 Woodward Ave, Berkley, Michigan.
- Slows BBQ is a Detroit favorite. This mac and cheese is super creamy with a spicy kick. So, if you love spicy, this is the mac and cheese for you. While you're there, make sure to devour some super tender, mouthwatering ribs. Slows BBQ, located at 2138 Michigan Ave, Detroit, Michigan.
- Twisted Rooster is a must try according to everyone I've discussed mac and cheese with. I'm not exactly sure of the ingredients since I couldn't find them on the website but I did find out thanks to Facebook that it's a super cheesy blend of five kinds of cheese. I will be checking out Twisted Rooster personally in a few weeks. Twisted Rooster located in Belleville, Chesterfield, and Grand Rapids.