|This blog contains affiliate links.|
Michigan is beautiful especially during the summer time. Now, is the perfect time to get your family out and about since the weather has been picture perfect. Here are five scenic places in Metro-Detroit to take a walk. So, grab your shoes, sunscreen and pack a picnic, here are the top-rated places to enjoy the beauty of nature.
Five Scenic Place in Metro Detroit to Take a Walk
- Hines Parkway located in Westland, Michigan. Inside the Hines Parkway, you will find the Middle Rogue River that winds along multiple cities spanning fifteen miles. The parkway has walking paths, playscapes, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, dirt bike paths, barbecue grills, just to name a few. Keep your eyes open because you will find beauty no matter what the season. To learn more about Hines Parkway visit http://www.waynecounty.com/dps/1846.htm.
- Nichols Arboretum located in Ann Arbor, Michigan is known to be an outdoor treat for the eyes. You will find beautiful gardens of flowers to stroll next to, and it's nestled along the Huron River. If you hit Nichols Arboretum at the right time you just might be able to see tons of peonies and lilacs. You can also visit the website to find out currently what's in bloom. I think I will add this place to my summer to-do list.
- Kensington Metropark located in Milford, Michigan is where you will go back to nature. You may just see a sea turtle or a crane! At Kensington Metropark, you will find so much to do! You can take a leisure stroll, play golf, visit the waterpark, boat, fish, swim. So pack a bathing suit and some walking shoes and get ready for a beautiful day in the park.
- Belle Isle Park in Detroit, Michigan is perfect for an afternoon walk. You can drift through the Belle Isle Aquarium, the Zoo, Conservatory and so much more. The aquarium is open from Friday-Sunday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Stony Creek Metropark is located in Shelby Township, Michigan and provides the perfect breathtaking views for a relaxing summer stroll and is top-rated from the locals. There are so many things to do you might just want to come back day after day. They have a brand new inflatable water slide that I would love to check out after working up a sweat on a hike!