|This blog contains affiliate links for your shopping pleasure.|
I recently heard on the news about the incredible benefits of taking your family on vacation. So, I thought I would bring you some of my tried and true tips on how to save money for vacation.
My family and I usually take a one-week vacation preferably to somewhere warm each year and then a few weekend trips somewhere locally.
We love our time together as a family. It's a time for us to put our electronics and distractions away and really enjoy the sights and sounds of someplace new.
When I heard that traveling with your family is not only an excellent education but helps bond your family together stronger. I realized why I've always loved traveling with my family.
I'm not that mom that can't wait to get away from my kids. When I do go away without them, I feel like a part of me is missing.
How to Save Money For Vacation
- Give up your fancy coffee drinks and opt to make coffee at home!
- Quit eating out! Premake your meals so you will lose the urge to eat out when you're hungry.
- Save on gas by walking when possible.
- Keep your income tax returns for travel (if you receive money back).
- Use coupons and set a weekly grocery budget. I feed a family of four on $100 a week.
- Set up a travel bank account and don't touch it until it's vacation time.
- Skip the gym membership and workout at home. There are tons of great workouts on YouTube.
- Give up the cable and opt for Netflix or Amazon Prime.
- Consider freelance work! You could walk a neighbor dog, babysit, whatever you're talented at.
- Shop on Ebay or bargain hunt for deals for clothing.
You don't have to kill yourself saving for a vacation, but you do need to make small lifestyle changes. These minor changes will be minuscule compared to the fabulous memories you will make!
How do you save for vacation?