This is a heavenly cake. Don't skimp on the tequila, because that is what makes it taste like a margarita. You can add whipped cream to each piece, along with a lime, for looks and flavor. I'm not a whipped cream fan, so I skipped that part. Enjoy!
1 3/4 sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup plain or lemon yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp tequila
whipped cream and lime slices for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 cake pan.
2. Combine sugar, butter, baking soda, and salt in mixing bowl and beat until blended. Add eggs one at a time, while beating. Mix in lemon zest and juice. Add flour and yogurt. Mix well.
3. Spoon the batter into pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
4. Combine sugar, lime juice, and water in sauce pan until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and add tequila.
5. After the cake cools for 15 minutes, invert or leave in pan. Brush the glaze onto the cake. Let stand until cool. When cool, add garnish.