|Children’s Theatre of Michigan to Bring Beloved Goblins to Local Theatres with Performances of “Boogah & Hoogah’s House” for Halloween. Also, Announcing 2015 Productions.|
“We call this production a sing-along do-along,” said m’Archibald McCarty, artistic director for the Children’s Theatre of Michigan. “The audience is invited to help Boogah and Hoogah, our two goofy goblins, discover the hows and whys of getting along with each other in this musical celebration of friendship, sharing and home.”
Scheduled public performances of “Boogah & Hoogah’s House” include:
· Sunday October 19, 1 p.m. – Wealthy Theatre, Grand Rapids
$12 Advance Tickets, $15 General Admission, $44 for a family four-pack
· Saturday October 25, 2 p.m. – Macomb Music Theatre, Mt. Clemens
Tickets are $11 each, $33 for a family four pack
· Sunday November 2, 4 p.m. – Music Hall Center, Detroit
Tickets are $20 Adults, $10 Children, $30 for a family four-pack
Audience members are encouraged to come in costume.
In addition to “Boogah & Hoogah’s House,” Children’s Theatre of Michigan has a full season of original written, produced and directed main stage touring shows planned for 2015:
· Spring 2015: “Fairweather Meadow Tales” – A comical account of the origins of colored eggs, peeping marshmallows and chocolate bunnies.
· Summer 2015: “Arabesque Isle” – A motley band of pirates and a graceful gaggle of ballerinas run aground on opposite shores of a deserted tropical island.
· Autumn 2015: “Boogah and Hoogah’s Haunted House Party” – Those goofy goblins and their little monster pals return with a brand new silly, spooky celebration of tricks, treats and fun.
· Winter 2015: “There’s a Party at Fezziwigs’s” – A medley of enchanted and enchanting midwinter yarns lightly inspired by Dickens.
The organization also performs a number of original onsite educational assemblies and productions aimed at preschool and elementary-aged students. Please visit their website for a complete list of original productions and their descriptions.
About Children’s Theatre of Michigan
Janet Marie and m’Archibald McCarty performed their first musical-story-theatre show, Imagine That!, in the living room of some dear family friends. 25 years later, the team has grown into what is now known as Children’s Theatre of Michigan. The cast and crew specialize in family focused performances for children from birth to age 10, and tour venues ranging from elementary schools, libraries, malls, theaters, shopping centers and festivals throughout Michigan and beyond. The aim is to amuse, engage and entertain their young audiences while delivering meaningful messages about various elements of life. For more information, as well as a complete list of their original main stage productions and educational assemblies, please visit www.ctofm.com.